Except for contracting sexually transmitted diseases when you’re excessively adventurous in this regard, yes, sex is definitely good for your health. I’m aware that it’s a really old zombie topic (comes back to life again and again) and that most people have encountered this information before; but tell me, how many of you could still remember and enumerate ALL the benefits you’ll get from sex? I doubt there will be at least one.
And so, in the spirit of pro-creation, pro-sex, and just for the heck of it, here’s a quick (I wish) rundown of what YOU can get from sex:
Sex is a good exercise. Here’s what you’ll get for doing it frequently (masturbation is not counted).
- Lower cholesterol – An aggressive and vigorous sex burns 200 calories. Do it everyday and you’ll have zero fat in your body, guaranteed.
- Healthier heart – Not only will you lose weight, sex also guarantees a reduced risk of heart ailments.
- Toned muscles - Muscular contractions during intercourse work the pelvis, thighs, buttocks, arms, neck, thorax, and PC muscles. Lazy sex will only get half of it. An improved PC muscle helps women relieve menstrual cramps.
- Improved bones – more likely if you’re into the acrobatic sex positions where you sometimes have to support your weight and your partner’s. It’s called weight lifting. Additionally, testosterone plays an important part here as well which will be explained later.
- Increased blood flow – Sex helps increase the blood flow to your brain and to all other organs of your body. This leads to improved blood circulation which gives fresh oxygen supply to your organs and removes the waste products in your blood and organs.
- Reduced Stress – Good sex makes you release all that kept tension in your thoughts and just let go. Also, a study in 2002 reported that sexually active females whose partners don’t use condom were less subject to depression compared to their counterparts whose partners did. They say that a hormone found in semen (prostaglandin) gets absorbed in her genital tract, thus modulating female hormones preventing the attack of depression.
- Relaxed and Improved Sleep – Orgasms allows everyone to completely let go, hence a profound relaxation afterwards. Because of this people are able to surrender all distracting thoughts. Being able to stop thinking has helped many to overcome insomnia and have a better sleep.
- Positive and calm disposition – Although not true for everyone, generally, sex makes you less irritable and gives you a positive attitude in life or about something. Sex is also capable of boosting your self-esteem.
- Feel Younger – Aging folks always get that feeling. It could be, perhaps, attributed to the positive feeling associated with sex.
- Relieves Pain – Sex is 10 times more effective than Valium. Immediately before orgasm, levels of the hormone oxytocin surge to five times their normal level. This in turn releases endorphins, which alleviate the pain of everything from headache to arthritis to even migraine.
- Shiny hair and smooth skin – “Mane and Tail”, which was first tested on horses, gives you shiny hair. Sex does better. Scientific tests found that when woman make love they produce amounts of estrogen, which make their hair shiny and skin smooth.
- Healthier skin – Your skin gets smooth not only because of the estrogen but also because of the sweat. Especially during one sizzling hot and sweaty bout in bed, the sweat you produce cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking also reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes.
- Improved Posture – Women who get regular sex not only get firmer tummy and buttocks, but also an improved posture.
- Better Teeth – Seminal plasma contains zinc, calcium and other minerals shown to retard tooth decay. How then do you get it into your mouth? Girls, it’s alright to get down and dirty. Additionally, torrid hot kisses encourage saliva to wash food from the teeth and lower the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
A healthy sex life also improves your sense of smell. Prolactin (a hormone produced after sex) stimulates the olfactory nerve, the center for smell, increasing smell perception. A lot of lovemaking can also unblock a stuffy nose.
Regular sexual activity boosts testosterone and estrogen levels in both men and women. Testosterone is what drives both men and women want to have sex, the more there is the more aggressive sex turns out. Besides boosting your libido testosterone fortifies bones and muscles. Some physicians suggest that testosterone keeps hearts healthy and good cholesterol high. Estrogen on the other hand keeps women’s vaginal tissues more supple, skins smooth, and breasts soft and ample. It also reduces the pain of premenstrual syndrome.
Sex can also boost your immune system. People who have sex once or twice a week have been shown to have higher rates of immunoglobulin A, a known immune booster. Intimacy also makes human beings happy, healthy, and peaceful which dramatically improves the immune system and healing capability.
Your prostate will be happier when you have sex. That is because studies have seen a relationship between prostate cancer and the infrequency of ejaculation or the release of your man juice. When you’re not able to release it, your prostate concentrates all the minerals of your seminal fluid up to 600 times. There’s a possibility that carcinogens in your blood will also get concentrated along with it. So before everything’s too late, just release it. Besides having sex, one effective way to combat the untoward effect of bad concentration in the prostate is a good old “Onanism”. Onan your way to euphoria!!!
Perhaps, the best thing you could get from sex and the only thing you’ve been waiting to hear is; “Sex prolongs your life.” A British study of 1,000 men found those who had at least two orgasms a week had half the death rate of their countrymen who indulge less than once a month. Just read the positive effects from the top up to here and you’ll understand why.
So, did I change your perception toward sex?